Monday, December 05, 2005

Bear Lodge in Wyoming



This past summer I took a quick tour of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. I took this trip with a friend working with me to involve the American Indian community in tobacco control. We had a great time visiting the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Dead Wood and Bear Lodge (also known as Devil's Tower by non-natives). We were going to visit several other places, but did not have enough time. We did all this in three days on our way to another meeting in southern Minnesota.

I really have enjoyed traveling the last few years. Two years ago I went to Costa Rica where I went sea kayaking and whitewater rafting. If you all have not tried whitewater rafting you have to do it. It is great fun. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and I just wish I had enough shekels to live there. I could move there now, but I would have to take some type of cottage industry with me to make a decent living. While I was there I noticed that many of the hotels and resorts were owned and run by ex-patriot Americans who got tired of living in USA. Some of the resorts were also owned by Europeans.

In the last year I have also traveled to San Diego, San Francisco and Monterey California where I have gone sea kayaking. It's great fun as well and different than lake kayaking. Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I spent three great days in Boston, MA where I visited the New England Aquarium and took the Duck Tour (this is a WWII land and water vehicle). The Duck Tour took us through downtown historical sites and than into the Charles River. I had great fun. I spend a lot of time walking all over Boston and visited many historical places including dinner at the oldest tavern in the country that was right across from the Holacaust Memorial. If you go there, make sure you do the Freedom Trail. After my three days in Boston I traveled to Providence, RI where I spent five days with friends. Of course, I didn't want to come back to work.

I recently heard that the biggest aquarium in the world just opened up in Atlanta, I can't wait to go there for a meeting so that I can spend a few extra days to do the aquarium and a couple of other historical sites.

There is so much to see in this country which has great land diversity, but I would also like to travel worldwide if I get the chance.

I hope you enjoy the photo.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Healthy Obsession said...

that is a wonderful photograph

you have great spirit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home