Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lentil and Lamb Soup - Yummm

Well, it was a lazy Sunday and I mean L A Z Y. I slept a lot, till 2 p.m. sorry to say. I have been trying to clean up at my house, but well, I keep finding other little projects to do instead of cleaning :-). I have done a good job in the bathroom, but well I was suppose to also clean my bedroom, livingroom and kitchen, urgh! I got to finish cleaning up the kitchen because I'm going to make latkas for work this week and it usually gets a little messy during the process:-). Living alone is not a great motivator to keep things tidy...at least with a partner, she would be encouraging us to clean up (of course I'm making assumptions that women perfer a clean environment). Humm, I'll have to add female partner to my life wish list of things LOL.

In spite of my laziness, I did get a chance to make this great Lentil and Lamb Soup that I am providing a recipe for. It's very easy to make (hear that Carmel :D). It's a lovely soup if you like lamb.

Well, I wish all of us a great week of success, improvement and wonder - and, oh yes, lots of love!

LENTIL AND LAMB SOUP

INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean boneless lamb
Nonstick spray coating
1 medium onion, chopped (1⁄2 cup)
4 cups water
1 141⁄2-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
1 cup sliced celery
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
3⁄4 cup lentils

DIRECTIONS
Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 1-inch pieces.

Spray a Dutch oven with nonstick spray coating. Heat Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown half of the lamb. Remove lamb from Dutch oven. Repeat with remaining lamb and all of the onion. Return first half of lamb to Dutch oven.

Add water, undrained tomatoes, carrots, celery, salt, thyme, pepper, garlic, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Rinse lentils; add to lamb mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes more or till lamb and lentils are tender. Remove bay leaf.

Makes 6 servings.

TIME
Preparation Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Beauty Addict said...

Yum yum..I can smell it here already ;) Anyway, here's wishing you an early MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear!! thanks for this one, I love lentils and lamb, mmmm. Thanks for this one! It sounds like a great dish for winter.
I also wish you a very merry and wonderful Chrismtas and happy new year :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home