Friday, December 09, 2005

Every Day is an Opportunity


I'm so glad it is Friday night. This was one crazy week with so many things happening, good and challenging. I keep looking for the meaning of life in all this, but my calculator never seems to give me the same sum, LOL.

Normally on Friday's I spend time with friends celebrating shabbos, but today I need to be alone, you know? I really enjoy spending time with people, but every once and awhile I just have to spend some time alone. It would be okay to spend it just with one other person, but not a whole family of friends. Currently, I don't have a sweetheart, as one would say, sadness, but I have lots to offer :-) Taking applications, LOL.

I really enjoy my life, partner or no partner. My friends tell me I will never marry, because I'm too happy most of the times...so much to do, so little time to fall in love. But I admit it would be great to have one other intimate and loving person in one's life, but would she be willing to have five kids-lions, and tigers and bears, oh my, did I really say that???? Must have been a weak moment...hum, or really what I want.

Stupid me, there were several times in my life I could have said "yes," to marriage, but I was too young and stupid in my head, you know, what if someone better comes along. But you can't have regrets about that, that just boggs you down. Got to keep your face to the sun so you don't see your shadow...who said that?

These days with so many sad things going on in the world, I wonder why I have been so lucky in life? Not that I haven't had challenging and gut wrenching times, but overall, I have to admit I have been blessed compared to what has happend around the world to so many people, friends and aquaintances. I really try to think about that when I'm feeling slightly down and I try to contribute as well as I can through my work that is really about social justice. Still, the plans in my head and heart were to really change the world in a very positive way, but age and wisdom has taught me that if I can change things just one little bit, it makes a difference. Than it's up to you and others to pick up where I and others have left off.

When I took a trip to Costa Rica a couple of years ago, I met folks there who didn't have much, but seemed more at peace with life. And here in the USA, we have so much more than they do and its not enough and its killing us. Weird.

Okay, I hope you can take some lesson from this, as for me, I think I'll go workout and try to be more at peace with myself today. Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home