Saturday, May 13, 2006

Reflections of the Week

This was a great week with many new beginnings in terms of work. I really enjoy working with cultural communities building capacity to address social justice issues - especially related to reducing the harm that tobacco causes our communities. In fact, if I was independently wealthy I would do this work without pay. I have met such wonderful people in this work and unfortunately sometimes they want me to do more, but I only have so much control through the system I am working with.

The only missing part in all this is that I need to take care of myself better and attend to my love interests and keep healthy. I try to work out about three to four times a week, but its tough getting to the gym...always more work to do and I sit on a couple boards that also have time demands. Boy, I wish I could win the lottery so that I could do what I want to do...not that I wouldn't still do some of the social justice stuff that I do, but I could do it when I want to. Some say that I wouldn't be as happy as I think I would be if I won the lottery. Well, I'd love to prove them wrong, but I got to win the lottery first:-)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Sunday...I'm going to sleep late and if it doesn't rain (it's been raining the whole week) I'll work in my garden.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home