Thursday, February 09, 2006

Oh My G_d, I love Fridays

I'm so glad it is almost Friday, I plan to sleep all weekend if I can. It was a great and busy week. On Thursday about half of the staff went out for libations and snacks after work - it was fun, but I had to go back to work around 6 p.m. and finally came home around 10 p.m. Too much to do and not enough time, as they say.

I hope to just hang out this week, but I do need to prepare for two classes I have been invited to present at. I don't particularly like standing in front of a group, but I'll do it if I have to. One of the presentations will be on health disparities as it pertains to tobacco and minority communities and the second presentation will be on a community based participitory research project I have been working on for the last five years. I always get nervous before presentations and usually don't sleep so well the night before the event.

Late this Spring and early Summer I will also team teach a community organizing and advocacy class at a public health institute. That is a more daunting task because I had to develop a syllabus which I had never done, but that task it complete. Anyway, for someone that doesn't like being in front of an audience I sure have gotten myself in a pickle with these three classes and presentations. I better start practicing saying "no" in front of the mirror.

Okay, as I said, I'm glad this week is almost over. I should also take time to clean my house this weekend...it needs it.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home